HAVE YOU EVER
•Traveling the world?
•Living in another country?
•Being fluent in another language?
The Rotary Long Term Youth Exchange Program is open to students between the ages of 15 and 18.5 August 1 of departure year. The exchange runs an academic year, 10-12 months, during which the student is sponsored by a local Rotary Club, lives with host families, and attends school in one of approximately 70 host countries. This program aims to promote peace and inter-country understanding while providing a challenging and enriching experience for selected student participants.
The exchange experience offers you a new culture, a new language, new international friends, personal growth and maturity, the opportunity to teach others about your country, a broader view of the world, and, the BEST year of your life!!
Outbound Students – Details
How Long Does it Last?
Long term exchanges are for an academic year and vary from 10 to 11 ½ months depending on the country. Students depart in the July-September period and return after the end of the academic year.
Qualities Sought in Youth Exchange Participants
- above average academic qualifications
- good ambassadors for their town, for Rotary, and their country
- an inquiring mind open to new experiences and cultural differences
- active in their community
- well adjusted, particularly in their family relationships
Students in the Rotary Youth Exchange Program have the following obligations:
- Students accept the rules of the host Rotary Club and the host parents.
- Students enroll at the school designated by their host club, attend classes regularly and participate in school activities.
- Students are ambassadors and behave in a manner which will reflect credit on their family, community, country and Rotary.